| Board of Directors [ français ]
(see detailed menu on the right)
The Board of Directors is composed of:
• The Director (ex officio);
• A member of the Executive Committee nominated by the Board for a two-year mandate;
• Two regular members nominated by the Assembly for three-year mandates, normally renewable once;
• A director of a laboratory, nominated by the Committee of Directors of Laboratories, for a two-year mandate, normally renewable once;
• the president of the International Scientific Advisory committee:
• Of the Vice-principal, Research, of each of the main partner universities of CRM, or of a representative;
• Of a Vice-principal, Research, of one of the other partner universities of CRM, chosen by these universities on a rotating basis for a two-year mandate.
The Board members are presently (in the above order): François Lalonde, Odile Marcotte, Christiane Rousseau, Christian Genest, François Bergeron, Gérard Ben Arous and the Vice-principals, Research, of Université de Montréal, Concordia University, McGill University, Université Laval and UQAM.
These are the statutory members of the Board of Directors. They can nominate additional members, with or without the right of vote, from any sector judged pertinent: businesses, industry, major Canadian or foreign research institutions, and public sector.
The Board of Directors is responsible for the promotion of the CRM’s interests. It assures the scientific, human and material development of the Centre and of its financing and decides on the governance and development projects of the Centre. More specifically, the Board:
• Approves the general objectives of the CRM, its strategic plan and scientific program;
• Approves the annual budget and financial statements prepared by the Executive Committee;
• Adopts the annual report submitted by the Executive Committee;
• Decides on the recognition of the CRM’s Laboratories;
• Receives, recommendations from the Assembly of Members regarding the amendment of the statutes;
• Adopts any amendment to the statutes by a two-thirds majority, and with the agreement of each of the principal partner universities and after consulting the Assembly of Members;
• Nominates the regular and associate members of the CRM on the recommendation of the executive Committee;
• Nominates the Director of the Centre after establishing a Nominating Committee composed of a majority of well-established researchers. The International Scientific Advisory Committee and the Committee of Directors of Laboratories are consulted in the selection of the member of the Nominating Committee. The Director of CRM does not participate in the deliberations of any committee dealing with the nominating process.