The governing structure of the CRM is composed of a Board of Directors, the Assembly of the members, an International Scientific Advisory Committee, a Local Scientific Committee, an Executive Committee and a Committee of Directors of Laboratories.
1. The Assembly is composed of all regular members. Other members are invited to take part in the meetings but do not have the right to vote.
2. The Board of Directors is composed of ten mathematicians and academic administrators from partner universities. Among its duties, the Board adopts the Centre’s policies.
3. The International Scientific Advisory Committee is composed of ten or more researchers from Canada and abroad. It advises on scientific programs and policies of the Centre.
4. The Local Scientific Committee is composed of six or seven local mathematicians (including the Director). It advises the Director on questions that concern the scientific programs of the CRM.
5. The Executive Committee is composed of the Director, the incoming Director and the Deputy Directors. The Committee prepares the annual report, the budget, and the financial statements; it also submits to the Board of Directors recommendations concerning the nomination of regular and associate members, and studies any question aimed at improving the everyday operations of the CRM.
6. The Committee of Directors of Laboratories is composed of the directors of the CRM’s ten laboratories and members of the Executive Committee.
7. The technical and administrative support staff are responsible for the everyday functioning of the Centre.